Do you have blocked ears and you’re wondering whether microsuction could help? Our audiologists at The Hearing Hub are here to help. Our ear wax removal services can remove excess ear wax and provide you with immediate relief. At our Woking clinic, we support patients in the West Byfleet area who are experiencing ear wax build-up.
When it comes to ear wax removal, there are several professional methods available, ranging from ear syringing or ear irrigation to ear instrumentation. Among these methods, microsuction stands out as a preferred technique that’s recommended by audiologists. Microsuction ear wax removal is the gold standard method and it’s proven to be very effective. Below we have explored microsuction in more detail and highlighted its benefits.
The Importance of Professional Ear Wax Removal
While a moderate amount of ear wax is beneficial and can help protect the inner ear, excessive build-up can lead to painful symptoms. Audiologists play a vital role in diagnosing and treating ear problems caused by ear wax and other foreign bodies, often recommending professional ear wax removal as the most effective solution.
What is Microsuction?
Microsuction is a method of ear wax removal that uses a gentle suction device and a microscope, ensuring precision and safety. It’s favoured by both audiologists and Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialists. Unlike other methods like syringing, which uses water to flush out the wax, microsuction is a completely dry procedure.
The Benefits of Microsuction
There are several reasons why healthcare professionals recommend microsuction over other ear wax removal methods, such as;
- Safety – One of the main reasons audiologists favour microsuction is because it’s a very safe procedure. The use of a microscope allows for a highly detailed view of the ear canal and eardrum, enabling precise and targeted suction of ear wax.
- Effectiveness – Microsuction is effective for various types of ear wax, whether hard, soft or stubborn. It often requires only one session to completely remove the build-up, making it an efficient choice.
- Comfort and Speed – Most patients don’t experience any discomfort and the procedure only takes 10 – 30 minutes to complete. There’s no need for weeks of olive oil drops either, and you can resume your regular activities immediately afterwards.
- No Water Involved – Since microsuction is a dry procedure, it minimises the risk of ear infections, which can occasionally occur with water-based methods like ear syringing. The risks and side effects of microsuction are very uncommon.
- Suitable for Almost Everyone – Microsuction is generally suitable for anyone with wax build-up, including those with perforated eardrums, ear infections or who have had ear surgery. It can be used when other methods aren’t advised.
Booking Microsuction Ear Wax Removal in Woking
Ultimately, microsuction is a highly effective, safe and quick method for ear wax removal. Its several benefits make it the go-to recommendation for audiologists. If you’re experiencing symptoms like hearing loss, discomfort or tinnitus due to ear wax build-up, contact our team at The Hearing Hub today. We can examine the potential build-up of ear wax and create a personalised treatment plan for you.
You can contact our Woking ear wax removal clinic by calling 0330 111 9992 and a member of our team can answer any questions you may have about microsuction. Located a short drive from West Byfleet, our Woking clinic should be your first point of contact whenever you need professional assistance with ear wax removal. You can also access our booking system via our website to book an appointment for a date and time that’s convenient for you.