Ear wax plays an essential role in ear health, providing protection to the delicate ear drum. However, it can sometimes accumulate and cause discomfort, hearing difficulties or even ear infections. Understanding what causes ear wax buildup and how professional ear wax removal services can provide an effective solution is essential for maintaining healthy ears.
At The Hearing Hub, we provide the gold standard method of ear wax removal; microsuction. When you visit our Romford clinic, we will use this gentle and safe method to remove any ear wax blockages and provide instant relief. Below we have explored how microsuction can help remove wax from the ear canal and assist with ear cleaning. If you need microsuction in Havering, or the surrounding areas, call us today on 0330 111 9994.
Common Causes of Ear Wax Build-Up
Some people experience more problems with ear wax build-up than others and are naturally more prone to blockages. There are a few different reasons why ear wax may accumulate and cause problems like discomfort and hearing loss, such as;
- Overproduction of Ear Wax – Some people naturally produce more ear wax than others. Genetics can play a significant role in determining the amount of ear wax you produce.
- Improper Ear Cleaning – Ear wax usually moves from the ear canal to the outer ear, where it dries up and falls out naturally. However, cleaning with cotton buds or other objects can push ear wax deeper into the ear canal, leading to blockages.
- Use of Hearing Aids or Ear Plugs – Regular use of hearing aids, sleep ear plugs or musician in-ear headphones can push ear wax deeper into the ear canal. This can increase the risk of blockages.
- Ear Canal Shape – The shape of your ear canal can influence how easy it is for ear wax to naturally move out of the ear. Narrow or curved ear canals may make it easier for ear wax to become trapped and build up.
- Age – Ear wax consistency can change with age. In some older individuals, the ear wax may become drier and more prone to forming blockages.
Microsuction: A Safe and Effective Solution
Microsuction is a modern method for removing ear wax blockages. It’s recommended by Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialists and is known for being safe and effective. Here’s how it works and why it’s an excellent choice for managing ear wax buildup;
- Precision – Microsuction is performed using a specialised suction device as well as a microscope to get a detailed view of the ear canal. Having good visualisation of the build-up of ear wax enables audiologists to precisely remove ear wax.
- Minimally Invasive – Unlike traditional ear wax removal methods that involve flushing the ear with water or using tools like forceps, microsuction is minimally invasive, reducing the risk of discomfort or infection.
- Immediate Results – Microsuction typically provides immediate relief from symptoms associated with ear wax blockages, such as discomfort and earache. Patients often experience improved hearing right after the procedure too.
- Safety – Microsuction is considered one of the safest methods for ear wax removal. It minimises the risk of injury to the delicate ear canal and ear drum. Using some olive oil ear drops before your appointment can help the blockage to safely be removed.
Booking Microsuction in Havering
Ear wax buildup is a common concern, but it can be effectively managed with the help of an audiologist. Microsuction offers a safe, precise and immediate solution for removing stubborn ear wax blockages, so you can enjoy clear and comfortable hearing. If you’re experiencing symptoms of ear wax buildup, don’t hesitate to book an appointment at a specialised clinic. An audiologist can examine the ear wax and decide the best way to remove it.
Your ears deserve the best care and our team at The Hearing Hub will provide just that. Our audiologists are trained in all methods of ear wax removal and are experienced in removing even the most stubborn build-up of wax. We charge £65 for the removal of ear wax in both ears and appointments typically last between 10 – 30 minutes. You can book an appointment for microsuction in Havering via our website, simply select a date and time at our Romford clinic that best suits you, it couldn’t be easier.